Since the Cold War drew to a close, the world believed that peace will reign across the globe. It appeared that a new age had dawned, an era of lasting unity between nations, but this was not the situation. Instead the struggle for international supremacy had just been forced underground to the battlefield of covert ops and evil acts of terror.
Into this arena sprung a new force. Masked supporting the guises of subterfuge, plausible deniability and data management, the Institute for Geotactical Intelligence increased the sword against those who would subjugate the entire world. Although the malignancy of terrorism has broken our world on occasion, the worldwide crucible hasn’t yet boiled over into World War III.
For that invite the one-man army David Jones as well as the forever-unsung heroes of IGI. Multiplayer notice: online multiplayer mode can be obtained after register your unique CD-key for the match A great first-person shooter with a little stealthOver 30 real weaponsCreate you have plan and discover your own way through the hard campaignIt is one of the very first computer games to feature realistic weaponry and strategic battle situations.
Upon launch the game garnered mixed reviews due to quite a few shortcomings, like poorly programmed A.I., deficiency of a mid-game save option, along with the lack of multiplayer features. However it had been praised for its excellent sound design and images, thanks in part to its use of a proprietary game engine that has been formerly used in Innerloop’s Joint Strike Fighter.
- David Llewellyn Jones — Jones is a representative for I.G.I. (Institute for Geotactical Intelligence) and former British SAS operator. Players command him as the primary character.
- Anya — Anya is your contact at headquarters that directs Jones via’s radio. She seems in the final assignment to defuse the bomb. Jach Priboi — Soviet Arms DealerJosef Priboi
- Jach’s NephewEkk — a Russian girl who intends to destroy Europe by atomic warfare.
- Captain Harrison — commander of allied troops, which assist Jones in some missions, along with an ex-Green Beret.
- As he helps Captain Harrison, apprehend Josef, he discovers that the brains of the operation is Josef’s uncle Jach, whom Jones then attempts to apprehend instead. He discovers his place by planting a virus in Jach’s communications center. While Jach Priboi is taken away in helicopter by Jones, he’s shot down by Ekk. Jones then must clean the border and find his equipment. Then he hijacks the train carrying Priboi and takes him in for interrogation.
Learning about the involvement of Ekk, he sets off to catch her and locate the atomic weapon. Ekk flows on her first meeting with Jones, but Jones kills her after discovering her second hideout in addition to the atomic warhead.